Car Transportion Services
We know transporting a car, especially if it is your “everyday car”, can be difficult and stressful, even if you are a seasoned pro. Here at Ship It Quick, we strive to go above and beyond with every car transportation order that comes across our desk. Everyone places value, whether financial or sentimental, in their car. This is why customer service is always our number one priority.
If you aren’t happy, we aren’t happy. We strongly believe in treating each car that is under our care as our own, so you can rest easy and leave all of the work to us. Our staff tailors each transportation order to meet the client’s needs. So whether you’re shipping your child’s car down to their university, going international to work abroad, or simply heading down to Florida for the Winter season, we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist you through the entire process.
The Different Ways to Ship Cars
Typically, cars are transported on large open-bodied trucks, open to the atmosphere; you’ve probably even seen them on the highway before. While they may look a bit scary, this is the safest, most secure method that most industry leaders and carriers prefer for an average door-to-door car transportation job.
However, if you are transporting a luxury or antique vehicle (we suggest any car worth over $100k), it’s wise to consider a covered or enclosed car transport. Despite the fact that it’s generally recommended for more exotic cars, you can always choose an enclosed auto transport for any vehicle that you wish. This method of transport protects vehicles from the weather, bugs, road debris, etc. that may cause potential damage.
No matter which method you choose, all of our carriers are insured and bonded, as well as licensed by the Department of Transportation, so there will be no need to worry about your precious cargo.
Types of Vehicles We Transport
Why Door to Door Car Transport is Your Best Option
In the past, door-to-door car transportation wasn’t as common as it is now. Instead, customers would opt for terminal-to-terminal transport, which adds even more steps to the entire shipping process. By using this method, you would have to drop off your car at a specified location and then also pick it up from a specified location. This can be very difficult if you are shipping your car from yourself to yourself.
Today, more and more people are choosing door-to-door car shipping to try and simplify and streamline the whole process as much as possible. We worry about the pickup and drop off so you don’t have to! You will even get the opportunity to meet with the driver who will be taking care of your car along the way.
On pick up day, all we need from you or the person you designated to handle the pick-up on your behalf is to not leave any personal items in the car, leave as little gas in the car as possible, keep your own records of the condition of your car prior to the transport (existing damage, mileage, fluid levels, etc.), and hand over the keys to your driver!
How to Transport Your Car
Once you’ve come to an agreement with our auto transport company and you’re ready to prepare, there will be a general breakdown of the process:
- Plan and schedule your pick up and delivery. Confirm all the dates and locations with the transport company as soon as you’re aware of them. If you are given a date range instead of an exact date due to your particular transport options, make sure to have to have your car clean, without any of your personal belongings left inside. (We understand if you’re in a situation where you’re moving and want to save space, but the Department of Transportation can actually penalize our auto carriers for going over weight requirements or even take away their license due to illegally transporting personal items).
- Check your car for any existing damage, fluid levels, mileage, etc. If you can, take as many pictures and document as many details as possible prior to having your car picked up.
- When using a door to door car transport service, the driver will show up to your home or whatever location you designated as your pick up spot. You’ll then exchange documents (be sure to confirm with your driver if you will not personally be at the delivery location and who their contact person is) and hand over the keys; the rest is all our job!
- Your car will then be loaded and tightly secured to the truck, and away we go. Drivers are legally allowed to drive 500 miles per day, and weather conditions can be unpredictable, so keep that in mind for estimating the time of delivery.
- Remember that our friendly and knowledgeable customer service reps at Ship It Quick are available 24/7 in case you need anything at all during the transport, as well as after.
- Reunite with your beloved car! In most cases it will be delivered to your exact location, however sometimes it may be required to meet in a public space if your destination is in a tight area like in big cities or down gravel roads due to the size of the trucks.
Request a Callback for Your FREE Quotes
Get the Best Rates For Your Car
Do your homework and don’t just go with the first advertisement you see! You should know what features you need or want before you start calling around for quotes. Most auto transport companies offer instant quotes for free either online through their websites or over the phone.
In certain situations, us at Ship It Quick may be able to facilitate a 24-hour delivery, but it may come with an upcharge.
If you’re able or willing to be more flexible with the dates you choose for your transport, you will see that rates will drop. Think of it like this: A truck holds 10 cars. The carrier will want to fill up as much of the truck as possible to be the most efficient. If you need your car delivered on a specific date (which can’t always be guaranteed), the probability of the truck being full by the necessary time of departure goes down, thus upping the price of your auto transport quote.
Therefore, going with a 2-3 week window of time can be significantly cheaper than opting for a 24 hour or 1-3 day delivery.
Transportation From Ship It Quick 1, 2, 3
There are lots of ways to get great deals, for example, here at Ship It Quick we don’t charge a security deposit for holding your spot. We always put ourselves in our customer’s shoes and treat each car as if it were ours’ personally.
Our goal is to get your car from Point A to Point B as easy and trouble-free as possible. We treat customer service as our number one priority at all times and will do whatever it takes to ensure your satisfaction with your long distance car transport.
Call us today for a free quote and consultation at 1-877-832-9974.